Do You Really Want to Be Rich?
Money, Wealth, Riches and Success - We all want these things, isn't that obvious? Well actually - no. The truth is that most people's desire for wealth is at best 'superficial', the kind of desire that fails at the first temptation. Burning desire is the foundation of achieving wealth. Without that powerful desire, it becomes difficult to do the things that are necessary to achieve financial success.
The Purpose Of Money
Life is a vibrant expanding thing that always seeks to make the most of itself. In order for people to develop fully in mind, body and spirit and to achieve their life goals and dreams, it is necessary aquire money. This is because our society is organised so that one must have money in order to possess and achieve things in the physical world. The aquisition of wealth is therefore an integral part of advancing ourselves - no matter what we choose to do with our lives. Our ability to advance ourselves and our dreams sits hand-in-hand with our ability to aquire wealth.
Once you understand the real purpose of money it is easier to see the importance of both aquiring and desiring money. It is NOT for the posession of money itself - that is just paper. But the power it gives to aquire things that will allow you to advance toward your life goals.
Desire is the Foundation of Success
Our minds become magnetized by the dominating thoughts which we hold in our minds. It is the power of these thought and intentions that cause us to attract, like a magnet, the forces, the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts. This is why having a Burning Desire is an essential element of success.
Is Your Desire Strong Enough?
The necessary desire is best described as obsession. Nothing will stand in the way, no set back will be sufficient, no obstacle a barrier to the power of such a desire. It is the hallmark of the great achievers throughout history , that they have achieved their success and wealth through unstinting desire, faith and persistence, often through much difficulty and set-back. Holding such desire requires great strength of character and self-belief, but this power is available to anyone who is prepared to grasp it.
Turn Desire into a Burning Obsession
Turning your desire into such a powerful inferno may seem daunting to some, but the reality is that ANYONE CAN ACHIEVE IT, it requires a shift in thinking and perspective, a simple mental switch.
Below is a six step plan - outlined by Napolean Hill in his book "Think and Grow Rich" that is designed to help develop desire and turn it into the wealth you desire. Many will recognize several well established metaphysical techniques.
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness, be definite and don't hold back).
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as "something for nothing".)
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after getting up in the morning. AS YOU READ—SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.